I’ve been rolling out quite a few vRealize Network Insight deployments (labs, Proof-of-Concepts) and while the installation of NI is a cake walk (see automated installer here), add the data sources can be time consuming if you have a bunch of switches and/or other data sources which need to be imported.
The good people of vRealize Network Insight made the OVAs of Network Insight 3.2 Import-vApp safe, which means you can now install it with PowerCLI!
Network Insight consists of two VMs; the Platform VM and the Proxy VM. The setup process looks like this:
- Deploy Network Insight Platform OVA to vSphere
- Browse to the Platform UI and:
- Active your license,
- Generate a Shared Secret for use in the Proxy VM deployment.
- Deploy Network Insight Proxy OVA to vSphere
- Login to the Platform UI and start adding data sources and consume all the goodness that is Network Insight!
Having to deploy … Read more