This one has gone a little under the radar, but VMware has updated its Site Recovery Manager (SRM) to version 5.8 and bringing a few remarkable updates by doing so:
- SRM has been fully integrated into the vSphere Web Client (used to be fat-client only).
- Scalability limits have been increased dramatically:
- Maximum of protected VMs is now 5,000.
- Maximum of concurrent recovery tasks is now 2,000.
- You can now map entire subnets to the IP customisation plans, instead of individual IP addresses.
- There is now an VMware Orchestrator Plugin for SRM to automate SRM actions through Orchestrator.
- SRM can now